[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 05:44:50 PDT 2005

Hi,
   More or less yes assuming you've compiled Ardour for VST support.
You'll get a LADSPA tab and a VST tab. Just choose from the list.

   Please note that there are some (rather glaring) differences:

1) I've never found a way to have Ardour store a VST's settings so
VSTs return in my songs with their defaults. This means every time I'm
going to work on the song I have to set the VST up again. I hope
someone heere will tell me this has improved or they have a solution.

2) Nothing with MIDI functions. Ardour has no means for accepting MIDI
input to drive a VSTi.

HTH's,
Mark