[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:36:42 PDT 2005

On 6/4/05, Esa Linna <esa.linna at kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> Geoff Beasley wrote:
>
> >  G'day folks; I have to chime in here...
> >
> >  Look, properly installed these applications all work NOW. Right here,
> >  right now ! Sure things could be better; sure they could be easier;
> >  sure they could be more.... everything, but this stuff works NOW !
> >  You just have to KNOW how to survive in your (particular) computer
> >  environment.
>

> So, please tell us how you do it! I haven't found a manual for
> libfst/fst and for using it with Ardour. Where do I have to start?

Isn't the stuff I wrote and that Dave Philips putting on his Linux
Audio site working anymore? It worked for me, and I think that's where
Geoff started as I remember having some conversations with him when he
brought it up. Look near the bottom of this link:

http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/vst-plugins/

If it isn't working drop me a note. It's hard to do it all, I can say
that, but it does work.

Good luck,
Mark