[ardour-users] To and from Ardour

Frank smith fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 12:38:50 PDT 2005

Hi
Just stay on windows 98 it's nearly free now anyway, but still unstable
for a production studio.

As regards reputation and Ardour I don't mention what I use I just do
it.

The VST thing confuses me.
Have you tried any of the reverbs/comps that run on Linux?

I tend, like you, to find a few that really work and stick with them.

In the end it's the sound quality thats gets the work coming in, not the
hardware.
When I try win98 it's ok for a month then starts slowing down and
crashing.

Moving to Linux in a production studio is a serious business,
with the attendant learning curve.
lets face it were only putting sound onto a hard drive with some
effects.
Ardour/Slab and Rosegarden do this.

Cheers
Bob