[ardour-users] building ardour

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 06:38:17 PDT 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 14:21, Hector Centeno wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to build ardour and scons keeps giving me this messages:
> Checking for jack_client_open()...failed
> Checking for jack_recompute_total_latencies()...failed
>
> I found a post in the ardour mailing list where Fernando and someone
> else were discussing the same problem but there was no answer. I have
> Jack built from CVS (I did that yesterday trying to fix this problem,
> and also went through making sure the previous version of jack was
> deleted) and I have ardour source from CVS too. Any help? I have Fedora
> Core 3 with Planet CCRMA.
>
> thanks!

I think you must still have an old versions of jack-dev files somewhere on you
computer either on /usr/include or /usr/local/include/

I have built ardour recently and had the same problems until I located the old
dev files that I thought I had deleted.  I guess that is the problem with
mixing prebuilt packages and source files.

HTH

Dave