[ardour-users] Mastered in Ardour and JAMin

Nathan Long nathan at signsofjapan.com
Wed Jul 27 01:15:03 PDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:03:45 +0100
Fsmith <fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk> wrote:

> Who's John Cage?

John Cage is a minimalist composer.  One of his most bizarre ideas was
to record 4min 33 seconds of "nothing".  The pianist sat down at the
piano, sheet music was turned at the appropriate times, and the whole
thing was recorded including audience noise.

Not really my thing personally.  I think he wanted to show that even in
an absence of music, there is a detailed soundscape, and that it
could be considered art.

Frankly, we used to just joke about him at the Conservatorium.  Perhaps
that was a little unjust.

Nathan.