[ardour-users] Question about Dual ICE1712 M-Audio Cards

Lukas Erni lerni at gmx.ch
Wed Jul 20 05:22:30 PDT 2005

Am Montag 02 Mai 2005 19:43 schrieb Florian Schmidt:
> On Mon, 2 May 2005 01:21:15 -0400
>
> ross at lug.udel.edu wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 07:22:05PM -1000, Doug J wrote:
> > > I saw a thread in the archives talking about the .asoundrc for
> > > running dual 1010LT cards.  I'm trying to tweak my .asoundrc to
> > > make a Delta66 and a Delta44 run together, but I don't know
> > > much about writing an asoundrc file and alsa-project.org seems
> > > to be down so I can't find much documentation. Does anyone who
> > > is running dual ICE1712 cards have a model asoundrc to share
> > > with me to point me in the right direction?
> >
> > You won't be able to do it with perfect results - the Delta44
> > lacks any kind of digital synchronization method.  As a result,
> > you'll run into drift after a while.
> >
> > You really need to use two 66 or 1010 cards - they are able to
> > sync over SPDIF.  Then, your samples will all be in sync.
>
> Hmm, won't the ice chip[ still have the nessecary inputs, with them
> just not being wired to a physical input? So maybe with some
> soldering skill it should be possible to attach a sync signal to
> it?
>
> Flo

that I was wondering myself because I got a ews88mt and a hoontech/esi
dsp24value both with the envy24/ice1712. on the chip specs there are
some sync pins but the spec pdf is about 84 pages and I have not made
it trough. but what about... pin 111/112

pin.nr		i/o	name		description
111		i	spmclkin		s/pdif master clock input
112		o	spmclkout		s/pdif master clock output
110		o	spsclk		s/pdif serial bit clock
107		i	spdin			incomming s/pdif serial data
106		o	spdout		outbound s/pdif serial data
109		o	spsync		s/pdif frame sync

soldering on this one wont be a easy task but probable you can catch
the signal somewhere else on the card.

lukas