[ardour-users] New to ardour jack and delta 1010lt

Rhythm King Drums jwsmith at rhythmkingdrums.com
Tue Jul 19 20:23:05 PDT 2005

I am using a delta 1010lt card, 2.4.26 kernel and ardour 0.9.23, jack 0.99.0
I am trying to get the best jackd command for my limited celeron 633 system.
I would like to record 8 channels of live music.

I fear 32 bit sample rate might be more than I need and will chew up
resources.
I installed ardour and jack a while back but I have not actually used it
for a live recording yet.
Also, what is best way to get the most out of the 1010lt?
Are there drivers?

I tried qjackctl and I get xrun (4.5) at 256 frames setting at startup.
(11.5) at 16 frames setting at startup.
(11.3) at 32 frames setting at startup.
(10.4) at 64 frames setting at startup.
(8.7) at 128 frames setting at startup.

When I try to start jack with 16 bit mode this is what I get.

bash-2.05b#  jackd -R -d alsa -S
jackd 0.99.0
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|16bit
control device hw:0
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw:0 for 16bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 32bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 16bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw:0 for 24bit samples trying 32bit instead

Thanks,     JWS