[ardour-users] Ardour was not fast enough

Devin Venable dvenable at valornet.com
Sun Jul 17 17:00:40 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 16:33, Ben Horowitz wrote:
> Devin Venable wrote:
> >
> >But something has gone amiss.  Now I can't seem to make it through a
> >playback without encountering "Jack has either been shutdown or it
> >disconnected Ardour because Ardour was not fast enough.  You can save
> >the session and/or try to reconnect to JACK."  Often I can't reconnect
> >without killing and starting Ardour first.
> >
> I was having that problem before I installed the realtime-lsm patch.  Haven't seen it since.

That's an interesting suggestion. Is the module called realtime?
realcap?

I'm running the 2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma kernel, but no sign of this
patch.  I don't run audio applications as root, so I guess this would
make a difference.

I also read somewhere that I shouldn't be running jackstart, but rather
jackd with some realtime switch given.  I use qjackctrl and it's using
jackstart.