[ardour-users] Ardour Tips and Tricks threadJACKing

smurky typetosmurky at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 14 07:59:33 PDT 2005

Thomas G. Willis wrote:

> I'm new to Ardour, I'm using xfs but I'm getting a lot of xruns
> recently. So my question would be, what fs to use? Assuming the fs is
> the source of my problems, which could very well not be the case, it
> might be xorg for all I know.

It's more than likely the fs. xfs is a journalling file system and
you'll need to edit your /etc/fstab to mount tmp/jack as tmpfs. When I
was using ext3fs I found that the line:
    none  /dev/shm  tmpfs  defaults 0 0
gave the best results. Here  is the link to the official documentation.
Using ext2 makes things easier and faster. IMHO.

Jonathan.

http://jackit.sourceforge.net/docs/faq.php#a57