[ardour-users] Re: ladspa plugins?

njcross at sbcglobal.net njcross at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 29 14:19:19 PST 2005

Sorry,didn't say I was running Mandrake 10.1 PPC and compiling
ardour-0.9beta24. Just compiled again with './configure --with-alsa
--with-jack --with-ladspa' and when I started the program it complained that
it couldn't load one of the plugins:

[root at localhost root]# ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.565.2 running with libardour 0.861.3
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: LADSPA: cannot load module
"/usr/local/lib/ladspa/sc4m_1916.so" (/usr/local/lib/ladspa/sc4m_1916.so:
undefined symbol: lin_data)
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to mean
Meta rather than Mod2

When I removed it it started OK but I still can't find the plugins:

[root at localhost root]# ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.565.2 running with libardour 0.861.3
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [ERROR]: MIDI: no such port device
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key is
pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use Mod3 to mean
Meta rather than Mod2
[root at localhost root]#

Any help would be much appreciated. It all seems to work except for the
plugins..
Best,
NJC