[ardour-users] where do i start

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Thu Jan 27 04:45:34 PST 2005

hi vector,
ubuntu has ardour, but its in the 'universe' repo.
since ubuntu is debian-testing to some point, you just have to follow
the instructions on http://www.ubuntuguide.org/#repositories on how to
enable universe. then 'apt-get update' and you'll find ardour, jack....
for some reasons i switched to 'hoary' (development branch ubuntu) and
the versions of of jack ardour are

ardour 0.9beta22-2
jack 0.99.0-2ubuntu1

works fine here.

--
- ulrich
rule 3: It is OK to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder.