[ardour-users] where do i start]

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:15:53 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:07:35 +1000, vector <vector180 at aanet.com.au> wrote:
> thanks derek.
>
> I hope this is not asking too much
> I have tried to outline what i have done
> I expect you will ask me some more specific questions ;)
>
> while i have apt-get install ardour, jack, alsa
> ardour still wont find jack

Is Jack running? Jack is a program unto itself. It must run to create
the server that Ardour is looking for.

This simplest invocation (not likely the one you want to use) is:

jackd -d alsa

More likely you want to use qjackctl to run Jack.

man jackd

for more info and ideas, or come back to the well one more time.

Beyond that Jack and Ardour must run as the same user. You cannot run
Ardour as a user while Jack runs as root. They must both be run

Good luck,
Mark