[ardour-users] configuring inputs and outputs / no line-in .asoundrc

Rhythm King Drums jwsmith at rhythmkingdrums.com
Mon Jan 24 07:57:14 PST 2005

I am a newbie to ardour and jack.
My system starts and runs / records, sometimes output is scratchy sounding.
Is the .asoundrc file capable of configuring sound card to include
mic-in, line-in? Are there .asoundrc templates out there somewhere?.
I am a little scratchy on the input / output thing.
Ardour does not seem to see any line-in. Mic is plugged into line-in.
I can only record from pcm and output to pcm.
Alsamixer has no affect on recording level nor does slider in ardour.
I have used built in intel8x sound card and aureal vortex with same result.

Here is my modules.conf
# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 1.0.5 ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
alias sound-slot-0 snd-intel8x0
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

I have no .asoundrc file.
Slackware 10
Installed ardour from slapt-get
ardour 0.9beta