[ardour-users] segmentation fault

Chris Reisor creisor at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:15:28 PST 2005

I've had this problem before, but been able to recover.  However, this
time, it's killing me.

I had a song, which admittedly, probably had too many tracks.  I think
I was up to 7 or 8 tracks.  Anyway, on the final track, I made the
further mistake of adding an effect to it.  The CPU meter on my krellm
went crazy, and the machine froze.  I had to power it down.

On trying to reload the session I got a segmentation fault.  I opened
the *.ardour file (the song was called "Blue Rain", so it was
blue-rain.ardour), and tried to manually remove the last thing I did
(using the file "blue-rain-manual2.ardour).  That seg-faulted so I
removed every single ladspa effect.  It is still seg-faulting.

As far as I can tell, there is no ardour log file.  However, this is
what I see if I try to open it from a terminal.  Any help would be
appreciated.  This was the result of more than 8 hours of work.

--snip--
[creisor at saruman creisor]$ ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.554.0 running with libardour 0.855.0
Copyright 1999-2004 Paul Davis
Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Use of deprecated SAXv1 function internalSubset
ardour: [WARNING]: Your system generates "Mod2" when the NumLock key
is pressed. This can cause problems when editing so Ardour will use
Mod3 to mean Meta rather than Mod2
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "edit-cursor-to-selection-start"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "edit-cursor-to-selection-end"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "set-mouse-mode-scrub"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "start-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "finish-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action
"extend-selection-to-end-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action
"extend-selection-to-start-of-region"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "duplicate-selection"
ardour: [ERROR]: KeyboardTarget: unknown action "split-region"
Segmentation fault
--snip--

--chris reisor