[ardour-users] scripting region placement and import

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Jan 17 04:27:37 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to automate the import and the placement of
regions. I have to import some 200 regions and place them on different
(known) tracks at specified (known) times. Doing that by hand is very
time consuming (an "add-all-files-in-current-directory" button in the
region import dialog for importing already would come in very handy
but maybe I missed something like that).

I checked the xml file and it gave me some hope to generate a file
with all the regions at their proper places with a script, but even
slight changes in the file seem to make it unreadable by ardour.

Are there any chances to access the file format for this purpose?

--
Orm