[ardour-users] midi controller problems

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 13 00:05:18 PST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 04:34:40 +0100, derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:

> OK, I worked it out. It's an old problem which I forgot about: Pure Data
> hogs the raw MIDI input. So no Ardour + PD with MIDI.
>
> There isn't a way to get Ardour to use the Virtual Raw MIDI channels? I
> can't get it to respond at all to these.

Hi Derek
That should be possible if you define them in your ardour.rc
(/dev/snd/midiCxDy where x and y depends on your alsa configuration, x is
the "card" number  and y is the port on the virtual midi card)
Note:
You can use ctrl-middle-click to set up binding

Gerard

PS
If ardour crashes when trying to use the alsa sequencer you should report
it on ardour-dev and file a mantis bug report.