[ardour-users] Session export ?

Matthew Sewell matthewsewell at ojai.net
Thu Feb 17 11:22:06 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 04:41, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> > Be SURE to single quote it or it will just download an error page
> > because the mp3 is generated 'on the fly' by taking the encrypted
> > location arguments after the '?' and sticking an mp3 header on it.
>
> Is there a sane reason to want that :?

Yes.  The mp3 cannot be served out unless the information after the '?'
is there to tell it which file to pull.  If you don't double quote, the
information after the '?' is ignored and the server won't know which
file to send you so it will send you an html error page instead.

> Cute song, love the intro, inspired bass, solid vocals. Very tight mix
> too. Thank you. Is the intro guitar a guitar or a synth?

Thank you.  I need to do a remix on it to liven up the verse before the
chorus, but it's close to being more-or-less complete.  Thanks for the
compliment on the bass.  I try to lay down only what is needed by the
composition, but I sometimes get too busy;)

The intro guitar is a real guitar, but I wanted it to sound  more like
an old sample than a fresh track.  In my first attempt, I close-miked my
classical guitar with a cheap dynamic mic.  This sounded too much like
it was bad by accident rather than design, so I re-recorded the track
with an mxl 993 pencil condenser mic while sitting on the corner of the
tub in my bathroom.  This gave it a natural small room reverb and comb
effect, to which I later added gverb for more ambiance.