[ardour-users] ccrma kernel problem

Joel Louis Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Tue Feb 15 00:43:29 PST 2005

Hi,
On advise of Fernando I obtained  the latest kernel from planet CCRMA
for FC2, "vmlinuz-2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc2.ccrma". When I tried to install it
the system did nothing except rebooting without giving any information
on screen.
My current kernel is "vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.12_FC2".
Both kernels has the options "ro root=LABEL=/1 acpi=off pci=noacpi".
When the kernel I want = #0 I manually start that kernel and acpi is
excluded as the kernel goes panic when it is on.
I obtain updated kernels with yum from the fedora update sites.
My system: K6 450MHz, mem. 256MB, HD 40 Gb, Mobo: EPoX EP-MVP3C with VIA
VT82C chipset.
I assume some kernel parameter must be changed. Maybe somebody has an
idea?
Thanks
Joep