[ardour-users] sync source = MTC(SMPTE) ???

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Feb 10 07:47:02 PST 2005

On 10 February 2005 at 9:44, Wolfgang Woehl <tito at rumford.de> wrote:

> >     [ERROR]: No MTC port defined: MTC slaving is impossible.
>
> MTC ports get defined in your ardour.rc
> You need
> <MIDI-port tag="seq" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer"
> mode="duplex"/> and
> <Option name="mtc-port" value="seq"/>

I put the above in the <Config> block in ardour.rc.  I still got this
when starting ardour:

ardour: [WARNING]: no MIDI ports specified: no MMC or MTC control possible

When I looked in ardour.rc after that I found that the <Option name...>
specified above was still in the file.  But, the <MIDI-port...> line
was no longer in the file.  I suspect that it might belong somewhere
other than in the <Config> section.  But, where?  Do you know?

Thanks again....

--
Kevin