[ardour-users] cannot send quarter-frame MTC message

marco at deepinsidemyself.de marco at deepinsidemyself.de
Thu Feb 10 03:51:42 PST 2005

Hello everyone!

Thanx a lot to the guys who wrote back to my former message regarding "Ardour & Rosegarden".
You helped me a lot. I hope I can help you too one day!
Your answers took me to the point, where I want to do the audio things with ardour synchronizing
my (god forgive me!) Windows machine for the Midi editing until I find a Midi (matrix) editor for linux that works
the way I want it to be.
I scrolled through the archieve and I found some messages of people having the same problem like me.
But I don't found any answer that helped me.

I have a Delta 1010 installed that is connected via midi-out to the Windows machine.
My midi devices in ardour.rc look like this:

<MIDI-port tag="hw:0" device="/dev/snd/midiC1D0" type="alsa/raw" mode="duplex"/>
 <MIDI-port tag="hw:1" device="/dev/snd/midiC1D1" type="alsa/raw" mode="duplex"/>
  <MIDI-port tag="seq" device="ardour" type="alsa/sequencer" mode="duplex"/>
I tried to solve the problem with deleting the raw-devices. I recompiled ardour0.9beta24
but it's always the same. When I choose the option "send MTC" and press the play button the
ardour.log pops up and writes a thousand messages like "cannot send quarter-frame MTC message".
If I'm quick enough to press the stop button then I can save myself from killing ardour manually.
My midi-led shows Midi activity but nothing is recognized by the Windows machine using Logic.

Anyone an idea? I don't want to slave linux to the windows-machine so I really hope that
there's a way.
Thank you!

Cheers Marco