[ardour-users] Ardour & Rosegarden

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 09:43:56 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:37:42 +0100, Robert Jonsson <rj at spamatica.se> wrote:

> You could try MusE, http://muse-sequencer.org.
>
> Two disclaimers:
> I haven't tried this matrix editor, only seen it on pictures so I'm not
> exactly sure what makes it unique, it does atleast look similar to the
> editors in MusE.
> And I'm a co-developer of MusE, hence slight bias ;).
>
> Regards,
> Robert

Hi Robert,
   You know, I hadn't tried Musi in a long time. Since this is a
Planet box it was easy to install. The program has come along quite a
long ways since I last looked at it. You folks are to be
congratulated.

   I cannot get it to record audio yet. Probably doing something
stupid. It's meters do register audio coming in and I can wire outputs
back to my sound card so certainly the program is basically working.

   As with all these programs there are always little things. The
mixer window doesn't seem to be quite fully sizeable. It shows me 100%
of all the audio tracks I add, but only about 85% of the Out1 master
track. I don't see how to rename tracks yet, at least by clickign
around with the mouse. That's a very small issue.

   I must do a bit more playing with this. Does it handle VSTs at all?

   Good stuff. thanks for calling it to my attention again.

Cheers,
Mark