[ardour-users] Ardour & Rosegarden

marco at deepinsidemyself.de marco at deepinsidemyself.de
Mon Feb 7 05:08:09 PST 2005

Hello,

I hope it's ok to send this question to the Ardour users!?

Last week I recorded my first song using Ardour and everything worked fine.
The only problem I have is that I don't like rosegarden very much.
If I set a loop for editing purposes f.e. there are lots of missing note offs while
jumping back to the start of the loop. Also I don't like the pointers for editing.

The last years I worked with Logic and the only thing I liked was the Matrix
Editor. Now I wonder if there's a Matrix Editor for Linux that editing functions
are similar to the Logic Matrix Editor? I liked things like changing the
velocity with the "Velocity Pointer". I know everything can be done with
Rosegarden too but for the same work I need a lot of time more.

What do you use for editing Midi-Files?

Thanx for your answers!
Cheers

Marco