[ardour-users] Greetings and question re: downsampling

Ross Vandegrift ross at lug.udel.edu
Sat Dec 31 10:37:34 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 09:10:35AM -0800, Maluvia wrote:
> The dithering issues simply stem from past experience - never found one we liked.
> (We'd basically just written that off as an option in favor of hardware resampling.)

You might want to take a look at sox - it offers a number of
conversion plugins that give you a lot of control over the algorithms
used and the results.  I don't really have a 192kHz source, so I can't
say how well it will do with your material, but I have used the
"resample" and the "polyphase" filters with good results on other
source material.

I've also found Ardour's to be great for what I've needed, though
again, never tried with 192kHz and never compared it with sox.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."