[ardour-users] Greetings and question re: downsampling

Maluvia terakuma at imbris.net
Sat Dec 31 09:10:35 PST 2005

On 12/31/05 at 12:01 PM Paul Davis wrote:

>why not just export from ardour using the highest quality SRC option? do
>you have specific issues with the dithering options available? you could
>also export at the same SR, and then play with other software after you
>had the stereo file.

The dithering issues simply stem from past experience - never found one we liked.
(We'd basically just written that off as an option in favor of hardware resampling.)

Have not yet tried what you are suggesting with Ardour - still learning how to use it.
Since Ardour has proven to be so superior in other regards, hopefully it will be also at SRC/dithering.
We will definitely be giving it a try.
Thanks.