[ardour-users] Crossfade from song to song.

Mike Fisher mrfisher_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 09:22:31 PST 2005

Awesome.  So I guess it'll be easier than I thought.

  thanks

  mike

Brett McCoy <idragosani at chapelperilous.net> wrote:  Mike Fisher wrote:
>  Hi everybody.  I'm finishing up an album here and I have a quick
> question.  After the songs are individually mixed, I'm going to want to
> make smooth crossfades from song to song and create nice little
> transitions as well.  I want to do this so that when someone plays the
> disc there will be no breaks in between the tracks. nothing but pure
> audio and no silence.
>
> My first instinct is to export stereo files of the songs and then import
> those songs into an "album" session in ardour.  Make all the crossfades
> and whatnot with all the songs in one session and then export that to
> one huge file.  Is this a bad idea, and if not how would I separate the
> tracks but leave the transistions from song to song in tact?

cdrdao/gcdmaster will let you take large audio files and break them up
into tracks without gaps, great for breaking up live performances or for
doing things like concept albums where there aren't necessarily clean
breaks between songs (ala Rush, Pink Floyd, Yes, etc)

-- Brett