[ardour-users] tourist

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Dec 26 14:08:53 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 16:38 +0000, Pierre-Laurent CASSIERE wrote:
> Hi!
> sorry if I really look like a tourist... I am !
>
> I downloaded Ardour for Os X, installed everything but I've a problem : a
> nice message from PACE...("missing extension blabla...")
> Is there a Ilok security on Ardour ???!!!!

there absolutely is not. ardour has no copy protection of any kind and
never will have.

the only scenario i can imagine that might cause this is that ardour is
scanning your installed VST plugins to see what is there, and you have
some that require Ilok. if this makes sense, we'll figure out some way
to avoid it.

--p