[ardour-users] Multiple recording takes

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 13 02:50:50 PST 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 05:36, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> How does Ardour behave when I've recorded more than one take at a
> song?  Is it the last take recorded that plays by default?  If I want
> to select a different take, what's the right way to do that?

How did you record the multiple takes?
Did you just record regions/takes on top of each other?
Ardour will play the topmost region in a track, basically what is visible.
(You can set a region to transparent, and then it will play what is below it
as well, but by default all regions are created opaque.)

Did you record the takes into different playlists?
(that is the intended use of multiple playlists per track after all)
Then you just select the appropiate playlist for each track.

Oviously you can also record takes sequentially, one after another as well.