[ardour-users] sync imported wav files

blindman jones erleichda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 07:15:27 PST 2005

Good day all...

I have two recordings from different devices, one from the soundboard
and another audience recording. I imported the two files and easily
lined them up at the beginning, but by the end of the performance they
are out of sync. I see there is a "Define Sync Point" feature, but
have been unable to find instructions on what it does or how to
actually use it... other than it "defines sync points". :)

Is there a link to where I can read on how to sync tracks recorded on
different devices? Or can someone point me in the right direction.

I know why this happens, different wordclocks, so I don't need an
explanation of that... just how I might be able to use Ardour, or even
an external program to sync the two recordings.

TIA,
--
michael jones * erleichda archiving * usa
shivering is the first step towards your destiny.....