[ardour-users] OSX port

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Dec 5 08:11:15 PST 2005

On 12/5/05, Neil Shaw <neilshaw at mac.com> wrote:
> Is there any work being done on an OSX port of Ardour 2 ?

Ardour no longer has to be "ported" to OSX, the development effort
works on both platforms (just as ardour1 did with gtk on X11).  That
being said, ardour2 is still in the toddler stage, so we don't
recommend anyone try it unless they are developers who want to help
find the issues.   And we recommend you join the #ardour IRC channel
on Freenode if you do try.

And hopefully someday, as harold mentioned, gtk2 will be successfully
ported to native OSX (although i wonder how much of a gain that will
really be, since I doubt it will *look* native).

jlc