[ardour-users] compatibility and setup

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:09:21 PDT 2005

Since you are used to Pro Tools with the mBox you'll get much of the
same sort of environment with Ardour as you do with Pro Tools. As you
say mBox itself isn't going to work for you so you'll need to choose a
card that is supported by Alsa. There are many to choose from but they
are not the most recent crop to be sure to do that part of your study
carefully before you spend your money.

As for distros there are many to choose from, but it far too religious
to go into in public... ;-)

Are you in Tucson BTW?

Have fun and welcome,
Mark