[ardour-users] Software RAID question

Oleg Ivanenko oai-ash at yandex.ru
Mon Aug 22 03:57:32 PDT 2005

Hi, all!

Seems like ardour not check existance of *.wav file in all paths defined in "Software RAID" (I don't remember real caption of that control -- I'm under MS windows now) in options window.

Detail steps:

1. I have two catalogs (cat1 and cat2 for example) defined as "software RAID" and separated by ":"
2. New track "Audio1" was added.
3. New recorded region in that track was create file "Audio1-1.wav" in cat1.
4. Then Remove that recorded region from track.
5. Record new region in track "Aidio1"
6. After that I have file "Audio1-1.wav" in both catalogs "cat1" and "cat2"
7. Everything seems like OK. Make snapshot and exit from ardour.
8. Launch ardour and try load latest snapshot of previous session.
9. Retrieve error log window with message that "file Audio1-1.wav is ambiguous". Of course, ardour don't know what file it should associate with saved region in track Audio1.
10. I should find "spare" file and remove it manually :(

May be name of file (Audio1-1.wav) should be unique entire session or  existance of file with this name should be checked in all "software RAID" catalogs? Or file "Audio1-1.wav" should be deleted after step 4...

--
Truly yours, Oleg Ivanenko aka Ash
[Все это было бы смешно, когда бы не было так грустно]