[ardour-users] Dolby Digital Sound Mixing

Allan Klinbail allan_k at dodo.com.au
Sun Aug 14 08:18:53 PDT 2005

Paul Davis wrote:

>>I'm new to Ardour and what I've seen to far looks pretty good (although
>>it was a little complicated to get it running with Jack in realtime mode
>>on my AMD64).
>>

>until very recently, no ardour or JACK developers had amd64 systems.
>this has now changed, but it will be a while before we get all the
>issues with amd64 worked out.

Hi, I'm using a 64-bit AMD system (Gentoo). The only thing I can't get
working are the VST libraries.... (through any of the three available
options).... otherwise my system is very stable and working  at low
latency ... (2.9 ms in 44.k 32 bit mode with 16+ tracks and multiple
plugins). My only recommendation is  use Gentoo if you can and optimize
as much as you can.