[ardour-users] send during record

Joseph Dell'Orfano fullgo at dellorfano.net
Wed Aug 10 18:11:12 PDT 2005

Quick question. I have a vocal track that I would like to monitor while
tracking a background vocal track. The singer wants reverb on the
monitor mix, so I set up a post fader send on the vocal track to a bus
which outputs to jackrack with reverb running. This sounds fine during
playback. Unfortunately, when I hit record, the send stops sending - all
input to the reverb bus goes dead.

I am a relative beginner, but it seems that the send should still be
active during recording. Is this behavior expected? It happens with auto
input on and off, and with either hw monitor, sw monitor or neither
selected.

Thanks.

-Joe D
--