[ardour-users] plugin windows are modal?

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Mon Aug 8 08:45:26 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is a bug or an interaction with my WM (E16):

I add a plugin in a track's mixer strip, right click it and choose
"Edit".  This bring up the configuration window, which is a modal
dialog.

However, there's not a button to close the window.  This is a problem
because my Window manager doesn't provide controls to close a modal
window!  They just get a border.  I don't think this behavior is
pathological - I think it comes from mwm (but it's been probably a
year since I've used mwm, so I could be making that up...)

This is a CVS ardour from probably two months ago.  I tried to update
to the nightly yesterday but couldn't get it to build - thousands of
linker errors.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu