[ardour-users] Region "Bounce" Menu Item

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 27 13:54:21 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 09:15, Neil Klepeis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've haven't seen anything about this on the list:
>
> In the ardour "Region Context Menu", there is a "Bounce" item that is
> supposed to function as follows (from the ardour manual):
>
> "Bounce re-records this region (with any plugins/inserts applied) to a
> new audio file, and replaces the region with one referring to the new
> file."
>
> Does anyone know if this feature is actually supposed to be working yet?
>   [It doesn't for me..]

AFAIK, but I haven't tried recently, the first part works, but the replacing
the region part doesn't.
So what happens is that a new audio file is created in the session's sounds
directory, but it is not in anyway intergrated into the session. Except that
is added to the session state file, so ardour complains if you move them to
somewhere else.
So basically it is sort of working but buggy.

Gerard