[ardour-users] segfault starting ardour as non-root

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sat Apr 23 08:01:28 PDT 2005

Hi,

I just found out that the problem obviously is related to jack and not
to ardour. Other jack-aware applications also can't connect to jackd
if jackstart was started in realtime mode. I was mislead by the fact
that jackstart didn't complain on startup.

Unfortunately I'm not anywhere near the machine right now and can
check things only by a remote ssh connection, so I will have to
postpone tests to Monday.

Thanks for the hint about the -R flag, Mark. That probably saved me
quite some time...

--
Orm