[ardour-users] Refugee from Windoze/Cubase -drowning in Linux/Ardour

Frode Haugsgjerd froh at fsb.gotdns.org
Tue Apr 19 14:59:52 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 03:21:19PM -0600, Keith Smith wrote:
-snip-

> BTW: Does 'Quit' on the Qjackctrl GUI kill jack, or just Qjackctrl? It
> seems to me jack is left running. Is there a kill jack command line
> statement I can use to avoid all this rebooting? It seems I shouldn't
> have to do this in Linux.
>
> Thanks again,

The command "ps aux" lists processes "ps aux|grep jack" lists processes,
and search for any string with the content "jack".
Find the process id, and kill it with "kill processnumber".
You can kill all processes named jackd with the command "killall jackd".
If you prefer graphical apps, gnome-system-monitor can do this also.
--
Frode Haugsgjerd
Norway