[ardour-users] Region names in the region pane update spordaically when renaming a given region in the editor

Rick Shapiro rickms63 at optonline.net
Sat Apr 16 05:30:40 PDT 2005

Paul,

First, I would like to thank you for all the great work you've done, it
has been my deep desire, for some time, to get my home studio on an
linux platform and that is now becoming a reality due to folks like you.

I understand your reply and it makes sense that regions on a track are
are not directly linked to the region list by name. Let me take it from
a different angle, I would like to be able to at least name my regions
in the region list after a take. I understand the numbering scheme and
believe it would be nice to Have the first capture called "Guitar solo"
if I make a region out of the "Guitar solo" I might want to call that
"Guitar Solo Last Two Bars". Not the best example but hopefully you get
the idea.

Since I'm new to Ardour  (came from a Sonar Professional gackground) I
do have a couple of questions that I hope you can shed some light upon.

    * If I create a send on one track (for example, to send to a buss
      with an effect), is there a way to copy that same send to another
      track. Right now I'm creating a new send on the second track and
      setting its output to the buss. It would be nice to  have a send1
      on every track.
    * I noticed that inserts are mono. I can understand them being mono
      on the output, but it would be nice to have them return in stereo.
      Maybe I'm missing something.
    * If you are so inclined, can you briefly tell me what chunks are about?

Thank you again,

Rick