[ardour-users] ardour crashed now won't start anymore

Andrew Johnston andyandtaya at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:47:47 PDT 2005

This is my first post, although I've been reading all your posts for a
while now just waiting until my download limit last month was cleared,
so I could get all the ardour and other music software gear from CCRMA.
Anyway I did all that and got the low latency kernel and rebooted and
everything was fine.  Got ardour 0.9 beta28 via apt, JACK and a few
other bits and pieces.  I was very excited to start using ardour (as a
ex protools user) and was loving it until I decided to play with the
time/stretch option on a track.  Ardour just exited itself...being late
I decided to go to bed.  This morning when I booted up and started
ardour...nothing.  So I ran it in the terminal and it gives me
'segmentation fault'.
Do I need to uninstall it and redownload it or are there some paramters
I can try to resurrect it?
By the way Iam running Fedora Core 3
Kernel 2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma

Many thanks,