[ardour-users] Basics, first questions

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Apr 11 15:05:30 PDT 2005

>I just signed on after a recommendation from someone online. I cannot
>tell if Ardour will work on Mac OS9 - the system requirements need geek
>translation to interpret!

It absolutely will not run OS9. OS9 is not even remotely close to the
POSIX operating system standard that both Linux and OSX implement
reasonably well. There is almost no way it could be ported to OS9.

It will work with OSX, although we have not made the beta for OSX
publically available yet. The Mac audio community is not generally as
technically inclined as the linux equivalent, and its just not worth
dealing with the kind of (negative) feedback that Mac users would
provide while we are still fixing some significant bugs. As soon as we
release 1.0 (which will not, obviously, be free of bugs), we will make
Ardour for OSX publically accessible. We expect this to happy very
soon (within the next month).

If you are interested in trying it anyway, let me know.

--p