[ardour-users] Recording Mic and Line at the same time

Luc Tanguay lucus at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 6 19:11:42 PDT 2005

Hello Jürgen,

if the SB PCI128 is emu10k1, there is only one record source i.e. line
or mic or CD...  But the record source can be stereo.
See the diagram at
http://www3.sympatico.ca/lucus/images/emu10k1-diagram.gif.

What I did with my old Audigy card (same emu10k1) is to record from Line
in but the left channel is one source e.g the output of a pre-amp for
your mic, and the other channel is another mono signal.  Now I don't
have this problem anymore, I bought a real audio card (M-Audio Delta 66,
with 4 analog inputs).

Hope this help,
Luc