[ardour-users] CCRMA vs. AGNULA

Rhythm King Drums jwsmith at rhythmkingdrums.com
Wed Apr 6 07:47:42 PDT 2005

Snip:
stability is my major issue and I don't care how hard or time consuming it is to
achieve. Which configuration (distribution, kernel, packages, file system, etc.)
should I use?

Consider partitioning your hard drive or using multiple drives to
install several flavors of linux.
You can get a better idea of how each one works and learn a little more
this way.
Try a binary install on one partition, and if you want you can begin the
long process of building a system from scratch on another drive or
partition.
I use the lilo boot loader with one drive for linux and one for windows.
I also use a windows system called n-track studio. The system is good
and it is inexpensive. You can get it from c-net.
If my linux system crashes, which it never does, I can boot into windows
and keep going. My windows / n-track system is also fairly stable.
Start with binarys and get your feet wet.
Learn linux and do some experimenting.
My apologies for using the "W" word.
I hate Win but sometimes it is a nessasary evil.