[ardour-users] Recording a band

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sun Sep 12 15:34:25 PDT 2004

On Sunday 12 September 2004 03:18 pm, D. R. Evans wrote:
> OK, so I have a very basic question that is so embarrassing that I
> hardly dare ask it.
>
> When recording a band the old-fashioned (analogue) way, one really likes
> to have every instrument in the performance recorded on a different
> track in real time. Is this feasible with ardour (meaning that it would
> have to deal with at least six simultaneous inputs), or do I have
> completely the wrong picture of how band recordings are made in the
> digital world?

Absolutley! This is the best way to capture "feel" and such things that only
live recordings can offer.

Yes, you need a sound card with multiple inputs; Dleta 1010, RME Hammerfall,
Echo layla, etc. These all will show the multiple inputs and outputs in jack
and thuis will be assignable in Ardour.

R~