[ardour-users] Re: Re: Re: Book

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 16:41:25 PDT 2004

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:07:34 -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:

> andy said the following at 2004-09-11 16:29 :
>
>>>I looked at that pop-up, and was completely bamboozled as what I was
>>>supposed to do with it.
>>

>> That's not so hard either - every track and bus in ardour has an input
>> port and output port associated with it, so you can route signals between
>> them.
>>

> .. lots of good stuff elided...
>
>> hope this helps.
>
> Yep, greatly. Thank you very much. I do hope that this is all eventually
> going to be explained in the documentation (before ardour goes into
> release status).
>
> Incidentally, I am trying to get our band to take a look at Ardour for
> our next project, rather than leaving all the technical stuff to a
> studio. [ The first task is just getting them to agree to using Linux
> :-) ] But right now I'm quite concerned about getting them into
> something that will just be an exercise in frustration because of the
> lack of documentation.  Maybe I'm just a year too early.
>
>    Doc

Do you have a linux users group near where you are? You might be able to
find a friendly geek to help you set things up. To be honest, I didn't
find it all that hard to work out how to use it just by playing around,
but maybe I've just taken to it better than you did.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.