[ardour-users] my bug collection...

robin fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 9 12:52:17 PDT 2004

OK - it's been a long day at the office and I'm starting to mix, adding
FX routes etc, and (not my doing) I've lost the snare drum?

The master input shows the snare diskstream routed, but it's not in the
mix.  The channel meter is bouncing nicely, but  any attempt to add
master:1/2 to the (empty) output route brings up the error dialog with;

[ERROR]: IO: cannot connect output port ardour:snare/out 1 to
ardour:master/in 1

Clearing the output connections has no effect.  Clearing master input
routes and reconstructing - Whoa!!! snare:1/2 is listed twice - and
neither of them is producing audio.

It would appear I renamed an insert to an identical name as a
diskstream.  Must remember not to do that again....

Also, is anyone else getting Ardour crashes (sometimes) on CUTting a
plugin?  Is there a faster way to reorder plugins other than
copy/paste/delete?

Rob