[ardour-users] Re: Re: can you export tracks while recording?

andy news4 at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 17:16:53 PDT 2004

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 06:41:00 +0000, philicorda wrote:

> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
>> andy wrote:

> Hi. I think there may be an easier way...
> Run two copies of ardour at once!
> Then you can edit, top and tail and export at 16/44.1k from one while
> the other is recording.
>
> To do this, you must start the second Adour with a different name...
> ardour -c newdour
>
> I just tried it and it seems to work fine, even on a humble p2 400.
> Thanks to the magic of Jack, they don't fight over who gets to use the
> soundcard.

It doesn't work quite as simply as that - ardour doesn't seem to like
having two sessions open on the same project. (Or not while one is
recording anyhow). But I can probably make a script that would pull out
the relevant wav files, parse the config file, and then generate a new one
for just the chunks I want, and then open it in a new ardour session.
So thanks for the info - I didn't know you could have 2 ardour sessions
open at once.

--
http://www.niftybits.ukfsn.org/

remove 'n-u-l-l' to email me. html mail or attachments will go in the spam
bin unless notified with [html] or [attachment] in the subject line.