[ardour-users] Update and Thanks.

Darcy Kahle darcykahle at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 1 09:10:27 PDT 2004

Thanks Andy.  The url that you provided was just the ticket to get ardour to
record midi from Rosegarden.

For the benefit of everyone else in a similar situation, I set the music
slider in alsamixer to capture by hitting the spacebar (I didn't know that I
could do that).  In Ardour, I made sure that the track that I was recording
to had it's output disconnected.  With this, I was able to record.  I
verified this by turning off Rosegarden and playing what was recorded.

I am now finding something new: when I try to export the session to wav
format, I get a 5 MB file that plays back dead air.  I suspect that it is a
bug in the software.  I notice that there is a new version of ardour on the
website.  I will try upgrading to see if that solves it.