[ardour-users] Advice for RME Hammerfall DSP Cardbus Card

Timm Helbig Timm.Helbig at thjo.de
Sat Oct 23 07:24:49 PDT 2004

Hello,

maybe this is the wrong list. If so, please tell me.

Currently I'm looking for a mobile recording solution. The laptop is a
Compaq Presario 1800 with a 800 Mhz CPU and 192 MB Memory. This will
be used only for recording.

My question now is: Are there any lacks in support with the RME
Cardbus Card? I noticed messages about general problems with
registers earlier this year, but these seems to be fixed. I looked
the ardour mailing lists, but couldn't find some issues.

Does anyone have some experience with this card? I just want to be
sure before buying. To use the OS from Redmond is not an option ;)

Thanks,
Timm