[ardour-users] Track inputs and outputs, and monitoring

CB ardour at crispin.cb-ss.net
Wed Oct 20 17:07:41 PDT 2004

By default, sessions in ardour seem to be set up so that each track
outputs to a master track, which outputs to playback.

As a result, when I record  track 2 (input: alsa_pcm:capture) whilst
monitoring a previously recorded track 1, track 2 ends up with track 1
recorded onto it also.

The only way I've found around this is to mute master, and patch the
tracs I want to hear during recording to alsa_pcm:playback (I have no
idea why this doesn't then also record onto the new track, but it
doesn't). This seems  clumsy to say the least. There must be a better
way?