[ardour-users] Setting recording levels

CB ardour at crispin.cb-ss.net
Wed Oct 20 15:54:01 PDT 2004

(Being a total newcomer to sound on linux, I can't be 100% sure if my
problem is ardour-specific. If I am a bit OT here, apologies.)

Where do you set recording levels for ardour? I'm getting some clipping
when recording from a mike via my mixer. I can remove the clipping by
turning my mixer output levels down, but that's just adding noise as I
know there's no clipping happening pre-soundcard.

I did assume that the slider next to the vu on the ardour mixer strip
adjusted recording levels, but it seems only to have an effect on
playback. I've also played with the gnome 'Volume control' app, but none
of the sliders there seem to change recording levels.

(I'm running Ardour 0.529.3 on Fedora Core 2).